1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is There Anything More Intimidating in Sports???

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Mayfly, Jul 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

That was fucking cool. those dudes they were getting ready to play were finished with that ritual. They looked ready to piss their pants.

2. IU90

IU90 Member

That is very cool. On a similar note, I imagine every Canuckistani with a soul (that's gotta be at least 50%, right?) had goose bumps after hearing this version of their national anthem:

3. That is the key - - the manner in which most people in New Zealand embrace their nation's Maori heritage. And since the Kiwis follow rugby union with nothing less than fanatical devotion, the reaction to the Haka before an international test match is amazing.

4. Flash

Flash Guest

That guy is one of the best. The only better time to hear the anthem is at the end of a game when the boys have won the gold medal at the world juniors.

5. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Bill Murray's boom-chaka-laka-laka, boom-chaka-laka-laka is much better.

6. Angola!

Angola! Guest

I alwaks liked this clip even though I am not Canadian. Just a cool moment, especially because the singer stops singing and lets the crowd take it away.
    But what is with the weird guy behind the Oilers' players with the bad comb-over just belting it out. He is hilarious.

7. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

I remember watching that and thinking how eerie it was with the crowd ... good stuff -- both clips...

8. JC

JC Well-Known Member

He has I believe down syndrome and is the Oilers stick boy. His name is Joey Moss, Wayne Gretzky got him the job in the 80's when he was dating his sister. Just anothe classy move by Gretzky.

9. Flash

Flash Guest

You are correct. He even has his own commercial on Sportsnet.

10. Angola!

Angola! Guest

My bad. Didn't know he had down syndrome, just thought he was a crazy Oilers fan.

11. Flash

Flash Guest

Well, if you ask him, I'm sure he would tell you he is a crazy Oilers fan! :D

12. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

Um, that might be the dumbest shit I've ever seen and it certainly isn't intimidating. It isn't much different than the stomping routine you see from the cheerleaders at a typical inner-city league basketball or football game.

The only difference is the cheerleaders at least have some rhythm.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.