1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is there anyone we don't hate at the WWL???

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Floyd, Jan 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. linotype

linotype Well-Known Member

I'll give a nod to someone who hasn't been mentioned yet -- Steve Levy. All in all, a decent guy to hang out with, and he hasn't really fallen victim to the schtick shit.

2. RokSki

RokSki New Member

I like Brian Kenny, too. Forgot about him. He does a good job, and seems like a decent guy.

3. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

That made me laugh.

4. No love from you for Jay Bilas?

5. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Most of the former print guys there are top notch. Nichols, Schlabach, Clayton, Schad, Thompson, Gammons just to name a few do great jobs.

Fowler is outstanding. So is Ley. I like Jeremy Schaap. Dan Patrick consistently does a very good job.

It's the guys like DJ Stewy, Berman, Scoop Jackson, Michael Irvin, SAS and Mortensen who I can't stand...

6. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Mortensen is a former print guy (and a former good one).

7. fishwrapper

fishwrapper Active Member

Morty = Daily Breeze
    Notice we keep naming the print guys? Guys who actually do work and not read a TelePrompter.

8. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

All those TV guys write their own stuff, fishwrapper. See, you learn something every day.

9. DyePack

DyePack New Member

One of the TV guys around here writes his own stuff, then tries to ad lib some of it, and he sounds like a buffoon.

He needs either to stick to his script or to ad lib the whole thing. Going half and half is not working.

10. leo1

leo1 Active Member

brian kenny is fine but karl ravech is easiest on the ears. when he does baseball tonight it's watchable. on the rare occasions he does sportscenter, it's almost tolerable. ravech reads the highlights. that's it. he has no cutsie catchphrases, doesn't suck up to the athletes and doesn't come off as that obnoxious captain of the football team/class president dickhead you knew back in high school.

11. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

You overestimate my importance. I know like two ESPN people, and Bilas ain't one of them.

I do love me some Forde, however.

12. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

It's very difficult to empathize with any of the "the-ACC-is-the-only-REAL-hoops-conference"
    towel boys, there.

Gag me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.