1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is there any hope if I've lost my Tivo remote?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by imjustagirl2, Nov 23, 2006.

1. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

I looked at the store and there are universal remotes, but none say anything about being Tivo compatible.

Do I just have to suck it up, order one off tivo.com, and wait a week to get it, being unable to change my channel until then?

2. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Not having Tivo, I don't know this for sure. But can't you control it from the box itself?

3. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

I don't have any buttons on my Tivo. If there's a way to do that, I'd love to find out how.

4. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Ah makes sense. I've never paid real close attention to a Tivo in the stores, so wasn't sure if it had any buttons on it.

5. OTD

OTD Well-Known Member

6. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Well, I can order one online off the Tivo site. I'm rather hoping someone knows a store I can buy one so I don't have to wait for shipping.

7. OTD

OTD Well-Known Member

Oh, sorry. I thought maybe you were just looking for one cheaper than the TiVo site. Try Best Buy--they have them at bestbuy.com

8. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

I looked at Circuit City, but hadn't yet looked at Best Buy. I'll wait until tomorrow afternoon, since I'm not waiting in a Black Friday BB line for a remote.

9. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

But you love shopping on black Friday.

10. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Yes. But not when I'm already going to two other stores. There's an art to it, Buck.

11. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Can I call you the artist formerly known as IJAG?

12. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

I'm still known as IJAG.

You can call me the artist formerly known as Holly Golightly, or The Future Second Mrs. Brook Jacoby.

Draft saved Draft deleted