1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is there already a Justin Bieber thread?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Point of Order, Dec 31, 2010.

1. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

Has anyone seen this Justin Bieber profile on CNN? He and his mom were on food stamps and broke until his mom posted videos of him singing and dancing on YouTube, and he was discovered by a producer? He goes to visit Make-a-wish kids and writes some of his own stuff? Do I have Bieber fever?

2. ChrisRcc

ChrisRcc Member

Was Lazer-Craze mentioned anywhere in that profile?

3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I had never heard of him until Kimmel showed a hilarious youtube clip of a 3-year-old crying because she loved Bieber so much. It was pretty funny. A week or so later, he flew the girl in to meet him, which I thought was cool.

To the best of my knowledge, I have never heard one of his songs.

4. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

We hadnt had such a thread, in what is now called the good ole days

5. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Give him 4-5 years. He'll be downing shots in after-hours clubs and doing coke in the rest room with the best of them ...

6. HC

HC Well-Known Member

He's from Stratford, ON ... small town which is home to the Stratford Shakespeare Festival where I performed for a season. Not my kind of music but more power to him. Just 'cause it's popular don't make it bad.

7. They said the same thing about Disco.

8. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

No it's bad on its own merits

9. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Wasn't Chris Brown dancing outside a gas station in Tappahannock, VA (middle of no where) when he was discovered?

10. JR

JR Well-Known Member

The kid can flat out sing. The fact that he's turned into a teenaged heart throb has nothing to do with his talent.

He was spotted at a Toronto shopping mall on Boxing Day, Canada's version of Black Friday. To say word spread like wildfire would be an understatement

Oh, and I didn't see the CNN profile but if they said his mom was on food stamps, that would be impossible. We don't have those up here.

11. holy bull

holy bull Active Member

He has all the trappings of the cliche kid heartthrob. That makes him pretty much not even a nanomicroblip on the radar of a middle-aged pissy contrarian bullshitter like me.

Saw him on SNL. I thought he was dynamite. No blue font.

12. Double J

Double J Active Member

That was my first thought too.

And his mom is a babe.

Draft saved Draft deleted