1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is there a more lunatic fan base than Kentucky's?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by LongTimeListener, Mar 25, 2010.

1. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Doyel, ya done good. But how I have to wonder how much a day's proceeds are for a dentist in Kentucky? Does the plus-$250 put the total donation at plus-$210 when you factor in rent, salaries and all? (like I was going to pass THAT up?)

2. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Hey! My mom works for an orthodontist in Kentucky, and they get fully-teethed patients, thank you!

3. Fredrick

Fredrick Well-Known Member

I would say the best fans in the country are Michigan State's. Let's say I know somebody who covered a team in that area for 8 years and I can say the Spartan fans understand sports.
    I have heard that fans of Kentucky, North Carolina, Kansas and Duke in basketball are all crazy and all about the same. They expect championships every year.
    Football: I heard Oklahoma fans are absolutely insane.

4. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

No Chris L on this Shaughnessy thread? Is he not well?

5. albert77

albert77 Well-Known Member

Red Sox fans are out there, but so, too, are Yankees' fans. And neither one are in the same universe with UK hoops or Bama football fans for being batshit lunatics. As far as football goes, Bama fans are in a class by themselves.

6. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

SEC nosepicking, at its finest.

7. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Be proud, Ricky Travolta.

8. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

The fact is, every college sports fan base is full of irrational nutjobs. The fact that Kentucky basketball and Alabama football has found a way to separate themselves from that batshit pack and elevate their insanity to elite levels is really saying something.

9. clutchcargo

clutchcargo Active Member

Worst fans in world of sports (USA only):

1. Alabama football
    2. Kentucky basketball
    3. Philadelphia Eagles
    4. New York Yankees
    5. North Carolina basketball

10. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Duke trumps Carolina, in this game.

11. albert77

albert77 Well-Known Member

L.A. Lakers fans belong in this discussion.

12. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Really? How so?

Draft saved Draft deleted