1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is there a double standard for Josh Duggar and Lena Dunham?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dick Whitman, Jun 5, 2015.

1. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

This guy, on the other hand, looks about as wholesome as they come ...

[​IMG]

2. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Dunham was in her teens when she shared a bed with her sister and would doubleclick her mouse while laying side by side with her. It wasn't just the admitted "sexual predator" stuff she did when she was 7.

3. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

The other thing...and it would be ironic...is if Dunham is embellishing her behavior.

4. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

YankeeFan can't understand what you are talking about.

5. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I'm down with declaring both sides to be horrible.

You won't find me defending Duggar.

I just don't understand why Bill Clinton is the one sexual predator who everyone loves, and that the left can't find it in their heart to condemn.

And, let's not pretend there's not enough credible evidence against Bill either.

Cran has no sympathy for the guy accuse, and cleared, of raping Mattress Girl at Columbia.

MC has no sympathy for the Frat Bros. at UVa.

Plenty of people have been declared to be rapists and predators in the minds of the left based on much less evidence.

But Bill? Hey, he just likes sex! So, he got a bj in the office from an intern. (Meanwhile, we pretend to not remember the actual claims of rape and sexual assault levied against him.)

6. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Her sister pretty much acknowledged everything. She also blamed it not on her sister for being fucked up, but on us for being "heteronormative."

So, essentially, while Dunham and Duggar are polar opposites in a lot of ways, being fucked up is being fucked up, regardless.

7. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

You keep stating that the evidence against Clinton is "credible" as an established fact. It's not. You can argue that it is, but that's a different argument. As I have understood it, most mainstream journalists decided that Juanita Broaddrick was not credible.

Smallpotatoes likes this.
  8. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

The Baby Boomers fell in love with him and, well, the end. And as we all found out in the 90s, once Boomers fall in love with something we're stuck with it. Why were so many car makers making SUVs in the 90s? Because Boomers wanted them. Plus. Clinton was one of them. He was hip! He was cool! Played the sax on Arensio! Bubba!

It's no different than the goofy-assed subculture that loves Sarah Palin. There just happen to be more Bubba love than Palin, but it's there.

9. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

10. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Did NBC News and Lisa Myers find her to not be credible:

Juanita BroaddrickMeets the Press - WSJ

What mainstream media members looked into her claims and/or interviewed her and declared her not credible? I'd like to see such a claim.

What about Kathleen Willey, and Paula Jones? Were they not credible?

11. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

I've been wondering why the other Duggar thread was locked?

Whatever anybody thinks about Josh Duggar, or the Duggar family and their beliefs in general, and no matter how much people say they hate them and that they've never watched their show, I'm willing to bet a large number of people here watched the TV interview with the parents on Wednesday, whether just out of curiosity, or because of real interest.

There were many questions and issues that could be brought up, discussed and debated -- but apparently not on here. What did anybody post that caused that thread to be locked?

12. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

I have a hard time trying to decide what the Boomers loved most about Bill Clinton: The peace, or the prosperity?

YankeeFan likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted