1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is there a cooler MF on earth than Clive Owen?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by HejiraHenry, Apr 2, 2008.

1. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

Children of Men was well worth the money.

2. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

Dude, even if you didn't like it, Children of Men isn't remotely in "I want my money back" territory. Considering all the shit out there? Geez, you must be tough to please.

3. tonysoprano

tonysoprano Member

Yes, it's in that territory Arnold. And yes, I can be a bit particular about my movies.

4. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Absolutely

I can name about a dozen movies playing right now that are worse than Children of Men.

Maybe start with Hancock.

And what's this, "I want my money back" nonsense?

That's like going to a Leafs game and asking for a refund because they lost 8-0 to Montreal.

"Children of Men" was worth watching jjust to see Michael Caine play an old hippie. Hey, it'll never make the AFI's Top 100 list but at least it wasn't directly aimed at what seems to be Hollywood's only demographic these days--fourteen year old boys.

Oh, and if you want cool, I'd nominateLeonard Cohen. Has been one of the coolest guys on earth for forty years.

5. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

Inside man definately an underrated movie. Children of Men has been showing on HBO and its not bad...Not Casablanca, but you can sit there for two hours. I really like Denzel. Even if he apparently isn't the most easiest guy to get along with.

6. Overrated

Overrated Guest

I'm putting Children of Men in the DVD player right now just because of this thread. I think it's a very, very solid movie.

Fuck, it had a plot! And, a relatively fresh one, at that.

7. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

And it's based in 2008. Shit could happen. And even if it couldn't, it's cool to imagine it could.

8. RossLT

RossLT Guest

My list of coolest dudes
    1. Paul Newman
    2. Denzel
    3. Sam Jackson
    4. Clive Owen
    5. Clooney

9. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Interestingly enough (even perhaps ironically, Alanis), the cool guys all seem to be pretty good at playing complete assholes -- Newman in 'Hud,' Denzel in a couple roles, and Owen in 'Closer,' for starters. Trying to think of movies where Clooney played a real dick ... can't come up with any off the top of my head. :eek:

10. Songbird

He was sort of a dick to Michelle Peiffer in that love story movie, which was pretty good. The one where he's a reporter?

11. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

One Fine Day. I love that movie, as terrible as it is.

12. Songbird

Indeed, terrible for all the right reasons. I'd watch it a few more times.

Draft saved Draft deleted