1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is there a cooler MF on earth than Clive Owen?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by HejiraHenry, Apr 2, 2008.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Because he's not even the highest-ranking actor from Star Wars on the list? Now that I think of it. Harrison Ford belongs in there somewhere. Not at the top, but not too terribly far down the list.

2. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

'Beet is cooler than everyone mentioned in this thread.

3. Notepad

Notepad Member

Can Billy Connolly get into this conversation?

Thoughts?

4. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

Yep. Everytime I drink malt liquor, I through up.

5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I think dead people are out of the running.

Now if we included the dearly departed, then Sinatra is an obvious No. 1 seed.

6. Michael Echan

Michael Echan Member

This man might take issue with your claim about Clive Owen:

[​IMG]

7. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

Not if you're having the conversation with me, he can't. Seems like an OK dude, but he's a manic clown type, not the type of guy we're talking about here.

8. Domestic violence is cool?

9. Harrison Ford is reportedly a HUGE dick to the media.

10. Notepad

Notepad Member

Sleepy Brown qualify?

[​IMG]

11. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

Bumping this thread because I'd like to change my vote. Saw Foo Fighters tonight and Dave Grohl is the coolest motherfucker on earth. Can't think of anyone in my age bracket I'd rather change lives with.

12. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I don't know if Shoot Em' Up earns Owen points or takes some away. And lets be honest the cool ones are the writers that come up with the crap that makes everyone thinks these actors are "cool." But I do give Clooney credit for writing some of his own stuff, directing, using his celebrity to help others (the only time I've seen Wolf Blitzer discuss Darfur was when Clooney was pushing it), seems to treat people well, and makes one and a half interesting films for every brain dead film he does for the bread.

Draft saved Draft deleted