1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is there a cooler MF on earth than Clive Owen?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by HejiraHenry, Apr 2, 2008.

1. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Then, it is Nicholson by a country mile.

2. BYH

BYH Active Member

Blows my mind that he turns 45 this year.

3. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

Definitely a cool role for Owen, but Clooney is the coolest mofo on the planet, on and off the screen. He has the market on cool cornered. He is in the conversation for coolest movie star ever.

4. Simon_Cowbell

He is so far behind Cary Grant.... just stop.

5. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

I said he was in the conversation. And let's keep in mind, because of the time there's little record (at least little unstaged record) of what Grant was like as a person. Clooney has been extensively chronicled, and that fucker is unfailingly cool. In his uncoolest moment, he's cooler than anyone you've ever known.

And I feel the need to point out that I'm not even particularly a fan of the dude. I just recognize cool when I see it.

6. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

The fucking guy watched 2 girls, 1 cup during an interview with Esquire. The man is the epitome of cool and a good sport.

7. Simon_Cowbell

No doubt he's the most down-to-earth superstar I've seen.

It's interesting that Tiger Woods had his little moment with the joke about the shoe-shuffle condom removal a dozen years ago... some cross words came down... and that was the last you ever heard of the guy sort of being down-to-earth.

Clooney is definitely unflappable.

8. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

That's the biggest thing that irks me about the people who complain about Tiger being a corporate robot. He let his guard down once - once - and got lambasted for it. He simply decided not to bother anymore.

And Clooney is hands down the coolest actor of his generation. By far.

9. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Owen is a badass and a great actor... One of the best working...

10. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Matt Damon

Paul Newman

Steve McQueen

11. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I always thought Shawn Hunter was pretty cool.

12. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

We also have no records of Grant on a failing, past-its-prime sitcom, either.
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0078610/fullcredits#cast
    They even named his character "George." Who did they think he was, Tony Danza?

Draft saved Draft deleted