1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is The Shining Stanley Kubrick's secret admission he faked the moon landing?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Double Down, Oct 19, 2012.

1. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

That was the most fucked up thing in a really fucked up movie.

2. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Anyone else suspect Care Bear's mom would take poster of the year in a runaway?

3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

The Mythbusters have debunked most of the "proof" offered by the faked moon landing folks. I trust Jamie and Adam.

4. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Well-Known Member

I'll see your Jamie and Adam and raise you a Bad Astronomer:
    http://www.badastronomy.com/bad/tv/foxapollo.html

5. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Barf? Nice!

IJAG and I have discussed it before. It's either the most disturbing scene, most hilarious scene or both in The Shining. I think it happens so quick that most people don't remember it.

I don't know what it says about IJAG and myself that it's burned into our memory banks.

6. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

It's honestly all I remember. Like I couldn't tell you much about that movie aside from "Do you want some ice cream" and that scene. I could describe that one four-second snippet by memory after one viewing.

7. Inky_Wretch

Plus, if you've got a really high-dollar telescope you can actually see the stuff we left behind. Unless, of course, it's all some sort of hologram beamed onto the moon from the CIA headquarters or something.

8. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

That is what people actually believe. After watching that video, I googled "Fake Moon Landing" just for fun and found a 40 page thread on a message board where people were going batshit nuts about how we are bouncing light off mirrors on the moon or something. They are really, really big on the supposed lack of tracks the dune buggy made in the soil on the moon. There are hundreds of angry people posting photos, saying "This is the mountain range that Armstrong and Aldrin are standing in front of, and it's in NEVADA!"

9. Inky_Wretch

Years ago, I used to listen to Coast-to-Coast quite a bit. It took me down the rabbit hole in terms of conspiracy theories about UFOs, Area 51, contrails, crop circles and faked moon landings, so I wound up reading a lot about them.

The Kubrick deal has floated around for years. Arthur C. Clarke was also allegedly involved. And Disney.

10. Uncle.Ruckus

Uncle.Ruckus Guest

Definitely most disturbing. To me, the hilarity comes from Jack's constant condescension and mocking of Wendy. Eventual craziness or not, that was not a healthy marriage.

11. 3OctaveFart

3OctaveFart Guest

Who could blame him?
    Is there an uglier woman than Shelly Duvall?

12. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I just watched the Moon Landing Youtube clip. Dude is batshit, and there are contradictions within his own theory, but its entertaining for about 20 minutes or so.

Draft saved Draft deleted