1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is the press box in Green Bay open?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Inky_Wretch, Jan 20, 2008.

1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Seeing Joe Buck and Aikman in the broadcast booth, I wondered if our fellow writers are freezing their asses off in an open box.

2. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Broadcasters like the windows open for better acoustics in the mics.

3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Right. Just wondering about the writers' box.

4. Stone Cane

Stone Cane Member

box is closed

5. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

The glass is pretty thick, too. It's like watching the game through a viewing port at the Seaquarium.

6. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

The glass is thick, but having covered some cold ones there, you still have to bundle up in conditions like this, especially if you're sitting in the front row by the window.

Two 2002 games jump to mind for me: Minnesota at night when it was around 7 degrees (no wind though) and Buffalo during the day, when it was around 15 degrees with a gale coming out of the west. I had layers on in the press box and the walk to the locker rooms in the semi-exposed catwalk off the elevator can be chilly.

7. westcoastvol

westcoastvol Active Member

So taking a whiz in the press pisser at Lambeau gives new meaning to the phrase "frozen rope?"

8. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I don't know about that, but one of my career highlights was taking a dump in the press box bathroom at Heinz Field.

9. markvid

markvid Guest

You've not lived till you use the unisex bathroom in the TV truck bay there.

10. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I take it that's a pretty special place?

11. markvid

markvid Guest

Especially when it's cold.

12. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Is it still heaven [/bubbler]

Draft saved Draft deleted