1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is the NYT implying that McCain had an affair with a lobbyist?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Double Down, Feb 20, 2008.

1. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

Choice cuts from this article:

"The woman was a professional. She was good. She could get us meetings."

-----

The second letter came on Dec. 10, a day after the company's jet ferried McCain to a Florida fundraiser aboard a yacht in West Palm Beach, Fla. The fundraiser was arranged by Hector Alcalde of Alcalde & Fay and was hosted by a cruise line that Alcalde had represented, Paxson said. Paxson said he attended the fundraiser.

2. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Am I missing something? How exactly is Renzi going to have any effect on McCain?

3. Yawn

Yawn New Member

So again, if you're going to find a president with perfect integrity and character, you better find God because you'll run out of stones before you find the flawless one. Ain't no one in Washington who's served in any capacity that hasn't fallen in the snake pit at least once.

4. God won't run.
    Can't raise the money.

5. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Most of his savings has gone to pay off the lawsuits

6. 21

21 Well-Known Member

I don't care that someone got high in college, or married three times, or any of that. There are no saints, I get it. A tumble into the snakepit might not disqualify someone from public office, depends on the depth of the tumble and the breed of snakes, I suppose.

But it does matter. When a candidate stands up there preaching honesty and integrity, it matters, because he's really saying, 'I'll have honesty and integrity about some some stuff, maybe not all the stuff, and I'll decide which.'

None of which has anything to do with the Times' shoddy job with this story, just speaking in general.

7. Yawn

Yawn New Member

So the choice is, which snake can you trust most of the time?

8. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

He's the Arizona co-chair of Johnny Mac's campaign, for openers. It doesn't reflect well.

9. Oh, puh-LEEEEEEZZZZZEEEEEEEEEE!
    http://thinkprogress.org/2008/02/25/its-possible-romney-will-return-to-race-son-says/

Come back, Mittster.

10. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

If so, Sonny is as deluded as the Flipster.

11. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

He's one of 24 co-chairs. Every Arizona Republican in Washington is a co-chair, along with any prominent Republican in Arizona politics. It's a bit of a reach.

Draft saved Draft deleted