1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is the NFL sked released today?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Simon_Cowbell, Apr 5, 2007.

1. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Giants play at Miami in London (England?) on 10-28. It's a 1PM EST game. Giants have a bye week after that and a home game after the bye week. I guess thge travel to England isn't much worse than travelling to Seattle for a Monday Night game.

2. wannabeu

wannabeu Member

Two live telecasts (ESPN and NFL Network) just for the release of the NFL schedule. Give me a break. That's too much. People only care about their teams' schedule. I just care about the Denver Broncos (Super Bowl champs this year by the way). I don't care about any other team.

3. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

At least they didn't release the schedule at midnight Eastern.

As for the Broncos schedule, they got screwed (most home games at the front end and a stretch of six of eight road games.).

Oh, and a Christmas Eve game. AT NIGHT. Nice thinking of families there, NFL.

4. wannabeu

wannabeu Member

But that also might be good becasue the Broncos have a young QB and a lot of new faces. So playing a lot of home games early might help a lot. But the Broncos also have shown a tendency to slide in the latter part of the year. It's good that they have 3 MNF games.

5. CitizenTino

CitizenTino Active Member

Why do the Broncos get so many prime time national TV games? It happened this past year and they missed the playoffs. And their reward for missing the playoffs in '06 is getting about 1/4 of their '07 schedule on prime time. I don't get it.

6. wannabeu

wannabeu Member

It's because the Broncos are one of the best and most successful franchises in the NFL and they have some, if not the best, fans in the league. They are usually in contention for the playoffs, except when they fell flat on their faces last year.

7. lantaur

lantaur Well-Known Member

I think it's interesting that at least two papers - Miami Herald and K.C. Star - went with a "scoop" of their home team's schedules online at least 90 minutes before the official announcement.

Shows: 1. How much the Internet has changed the reporting culture; 2. How crazy fans are for this stuff because you have to think people flocked to those articles.

8. boots

boots New Member

Can u say dejavu?

9. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

What's odd is that there is so little that's new.

The opponents have been known since the last day of the regular season. We even knew what games were at home and what games were away.

Other "big news" (the season opener, the London game) have been known for some time.

The only thing that's new is --- gasp! --- the actual dates. Stop the presses.

Heck, three-quarters of a team's 2009 opponents are already known.

10. wannabeu

wannabeu Member

I know. That's why I think it is ridiculous that they have live shows about the schedule on ESPN and the NFL Network. I guess they don't have anything else to show.

Hey boots, does your deja vu comment come straight from the "pipeline"?

11. lantaur

lantaur Well-Known Member

To be fair, all the prime-time games were announced, and there always seems to be interest in that. (Plus times of other games are also announced)

12. girl friday

girl friday Member

*Everything* in the NFL seems to be a big deal. Look at the draft...

Anyone else surprised that the Colts-Pats rematch isn't a Sunday or Monday night game?

Draft saved Draft deleted