1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

is the New York Post national media?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by TheSportsPredictor, May 13, 2014.

1. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

National influence makes those publications national in scope. Silly to argue otherwise, newbie.

2. Decadent

Decadent New Member

Thanks for setting me straight, tired, one-minded veteran.

It's interesting to see how many issues here draw this kind of response. "There's no argument because I say there isn't."

3. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Let the Post in, but keep them on a short leash.

If you are in PR you shadow certain people and try to hear every question they ask and every response they are given so if need be, you can step in and redirect or stop the interview.

4. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

With stories like this that came out yesterday, Can't say I blame them.

"ESPN's affiliate in Cleveland reported Monday that, after trading up to the No. 22 pick, Browns general manager Ray Farmer had selected Bridgewater in that spot. A source told ESPN Cleveland that the card prepared to be given to NFL commissioner Roger Goodell for the official announcement originally had Bridgewater's name on it. Then, with 10 seconds left in the team's turn, the card was replaced with one bearing Manziel's name."

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10926184/teddy-bridgewater-says-want-play-cleveland-browns

5. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

LOL. Let them in, but don't let them do their job.

6. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

I interned with an NFL team. This was SOP with certain writers.

7. Decadent

Decadent New Member

You?

8. YankeeFan

Yes. I know. You were "in an NFL locker room".

But, first of all, is there any reason to believe Bart Hubbuch needs to be kept on a short leash?

And, if you're the Browns, and the day is already going to be a mob scene, do you really think their going to want, or have the manpower, to babysit the NY Post reporter?

9. H.L. Mencken

H.L. Mencken Member

Um, are you familiar with Hubbach?

10. YankeeFan

Fairly familiar with his writing, but not him as a person.

He's covered the NFL and professional teams for a long time. Is he not professional?

As for the "national media" question, I think some of you ar looking at this the wrong way.

Hubbach is the Post's NFL columnist. He doesn't just cover the local team(s), and is all of a sudden looking to cover a national story.

In that sense, he's national media.

11. H.L. Mencken

H.L. Mencken Member

I agree he's national media. He should be allowed to cover the camp. The Briens are fighting battles they cannot win. Draft JFF, you get what comes with JFF.

Hubbach is also fond of hysterics and making things about Hubbach. If this were Sam Farmer, I doubt it would be a "story."

12. Decadent

Decadent New Member

Fill in writer's name. This is the way of today, whether you want to admit it or not.

The Browns are making the right move. The people who don't see that are just transmitting butthurt.

Draft saved Draft deleted