1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is the city of Baltimore no better than the Irsays?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Freelance Hack, Jan 12, 2007.

1. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

The only thing that saved my sanity was I had moved away from Cleveland in the winter of 1991. So my pain was a faraway one, not one that lived and breathed in the chasm of Cleveland winters sans Browns.

One more time, with feeling: FUCK YOU, ART MODELL, YOU COCKSUCKING DICKBAG.

2. Jesus, IJAG. So is Modell like the anti-Brook?

3. cougargirl

cougargirl Active Member

And I will introduce you to my turncoat Ravens fan friend in Baltimore, so you can laugh in his face and remind him that his team will still always be the Browns, no matter what color you paint it.

4. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

So wait...you have a friend who WAS a Browns fan who became a Ravens fan?

Don't introduce me to him. At least not without making sure I can't harm him beyond recognition.

5. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Nope. He's the antichrist.

6. Yeah, Baltimore fans cared so much about the Colts, about 30,000 of them went to the games in the final year if I remember correctly.

I don't believe Cleveland ever stopped supporting the team before Modell packed them up.

7. cougargirl

cougargirl Active Member

No, no, you NEED to be introduced to him. He is the epitome of obnoxious turncoat Ravens fan. The introduction and subsequent beatdown by you would do us all a favor.

8. OK, I may have overstated the Browns support.

My point is I'm sick of Baltimore fans whining about the Colts leaving. I think the attendance for the last Baltimore Colts game was 28,000.

9. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Does the fact that the colors, uniform and history stayed in Cleveland really help? I never got this. It's an expansion franchise, and a bad one at that.

I'm glad Cleveland got a team again. The people deserved it, but it's not the old Browns, even in those ugly uniforms, it's not the same.

Not that I don't love it when the Steelers kick their asses....

10. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

If you compare it to Baltimore, then yes, it really helps.

I'm an old Baltimore Colts fan, and I simply can't wrap my head around the thought of cheering for the Ravens. I could find it much easier to cheer for a Baltimore team if they had the horseshoe on their helmets.

11. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

If that's the case, then fuck anyone who thinks like this.

There is probably one player in the NFL who has even heard of Johnny U., and that person is Manning.

He even tried to wear hightops as a tribute the week after Unitas died, but the NFL wouldn't let him.

Piss on Unitas' grave?

I'd be surprised if Manning didn't occasionally visit to put flowers on it.

But maybe Ray Lewis will knock him out of the game. At least BYH and buckweaver will be happy. ::)

12. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Oh, I got nothing against Manning as a person. He's a class act, a helluva guy, wish no ill will upon him -- on or off the field.

I just don't want to see his team win. :D

Draft saved Draft deleted