1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is the basketball team using Leach's offense?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Angola!, Nov 20, 2008.

1. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

Grinnell thinks that scoring 90 in a half is a bit much.

What's so bad is that everyone knows them as East Central, rather than their full name: East Central Oklahoma.

Clearly, Pat isn't listening to his old man. Leach is the freaking man in Lubbock.

2. jps

jps Active Member

no ... what's so bad is that the AP writer got the score wrong. at least, according to tech's web site, team only allowed 115. course, maybe it's the red raiders that can't get it right, which is even worse -- because while they say that it was 167-115, they also say it's a total of 283.

3. Angola!

Angola! Guest

AP ran a correction about 5 minutes later, I just didn't update the first post.

4. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Apparently there was an official scorer's decision after the game.

5. da man

da man Well-Known Member

They changed an ECU 3-pointer to a 2.

Best quote came from the ECU coach: ``We want to force people to play our pace. We didn't have to force them.''

6. Petrie

Petrie Guest

My school started with Montana State...Billings. Teams won't come to Spokane, and if they do (like Memphis has in the past and I believe it will again this year) they'll put it in the Spokane Arena (about 1 1/2 miles away and twice the capacity of the so-called Kennel) instead of the regular home court.

7. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

This game also (I believe) wasn't scheduled by the Texas Tech people. It's part of the Legends Classic tournament and I'm guessing this was just a team they were assigned to play.

I know this because the team I cover has to play Tech in this thing...today. Eek. I'm not sure I'll want to know what the final score is.

8. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

The only interesting storyline from this game was that Justin Wilkerson, who committed to play for Knight as a high school sophomore but washed out his freshman year, scored 17 for ECU.

9. jps

jps Active Member

10. Angola!

Angola! Guest

What?

11. jps

jps Active Member

huh?

12. Angola!

Angola! Guest

I blame Patrick Gonzales.

Draft saved Draft deleted