1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is summer overrated?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by CD Boogie, Jul 16, 2019.

1. Severian

Severian Well-Known Member

This is a great idea. I have a short commute to work. But, with unreliable public transportation and needing to walk in this 100+ heat, I don't know why I'm not just going in a shirt and gym shorts then change into my work clothes.

2. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

I'll be there next month. Save some of that weather for me.

3. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

I lived in Europe for 4 years. The summers were brilliant. The winters, the best I'll say is it was great drinking weather. (Britain is a tick warmer than the continent in winter.)

4. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

In Cali, hell no. Summer nights 63; days in 80s, sun shining, pool or beach, Disneyland today!, BBQ and sundown at 9? I love summer!

5. Severian

Fuckin' A. The weather is the only reason that'd bring me to California.

qtlaw likes this.
  6. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

7. Severian

The corn sweats lmao.

8. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Was high 90s in CT over the weekend, but stormfront came in and cleared it all out -- with flash floods that had been wading through knee high puddles after I got off the train yesterday. But yeah, there's no climate change going on.

9. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

I was reading yesterday that the flooding will become a fairly constant phenomenon in places like New York. Just part of life.

This week up here has been spectacular. Mid 20s (in the right kind of degrees), no humidity, blue skies. Went for a bike ride yesterday that was perfection. Played tennis last night under the lights and the temperature was exactly right. A little taste of California in Canada.

10. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

The weather here in flyoverville broke late Sunday, from the high 90s to the low 80s in about six hours. Summer is my time, but 97 with a wind chill of 110 sucks all kinds of ass. I do not envy the people working construction or mowing lawns for a living, both of which I did in my younger years.

My wife took the past two days off work, and we went on a lovely walk this morning that was cut short only because she had to pee.

11. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Yes, summer is vastly overrated. We are conditioned to love it due to summer break as kids and can't seem to let that go.

12. Mr. Sluggo

Mr. Sluggo Active Member

I'll go with summer being underrated if anything. Where I'm from most love fall and won't shut up about it. I prefer as many daylight hours as possible.

expendable likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted