1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is summer overrated?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by CD Boogie, Jul 16, 2019.

1. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

GTFO

2. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

You want him to go back to the state he came from?

3. CD Boogie

Yeah, he needs to go back and clean up that shit hole before he...

4. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

As I've gotten older and after years in the DC area, I've come to really dislike summer. The heat makes me anxious and depressed. I wouldn't go so far as to say I have summer SAD, but I'm on the edge. My favorite season is fall.

britwrit likes this.
  5. CD Boogie

DC in the summer is its own ring of hell.

Tweener and Dyno like this.
  6. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

I'm more of a fall person, but it seems like the last couple years that's been getting squeezed with our effed-up climate. I swear last year it was only three weeks between heat and heavy-coat weather. Maybe I'm misremembering but I always want more fall.

7. Hate Summer.
    Here it has been hot, humid and wet. Floods are now routine and we have a shit-ton of road slips. I imagine it is like living in the Philippines.

Done.

8. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

I think teachers south of DC would much rather teach nine weeks on and three weeks off, or, year round.

I get the beauty of summer if you live in New York or Maine or Michigan or Canada.

Tweener likes this.
  9. Severian

Severian Well-Known Member

In Florida? Where?

10. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Volusia County. Daytona Beach and Port Orange area.

Got out one morning to uncover ice plants we were trying to protect with the weather in the 20s. Natives almost fainted because I didn't have winter gear on ... probably shorts and a T-shirt.

11. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Don't go there. Spent three-plus years there.

A six-month dry season, then rainy season. Also lived in Florida. Heat and humidity to burn in both spots.

12. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

About 7 years ago, I decided to make my hellishly hot summer suburban commute into NYC more tolerable by wearing a golf shirt and shorts into the office before changing into my suit. Game changer.

CD Boogie likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted