1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is Subway in trouble?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Smallpotatoes, Oct 4, 2007.

1. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Second on Publix. They have the best grocery-store croissants in America.

2. Cansportschick

Cansportschick Active Member

There is only one Quinzno's in the heart of Halifax. You have to drive over the bridge to Dartmouth for another location or drive 20-25 minutes to get the the other location away from the actual heart of the city.

They need more Quizno's locations right in Halifax. Subway needs some healthy competition in the city.

3. I live 1/4 mile from a Publix and never thought to go in there for anything. I will today. Or tomorrow.

Panera has this new chipotle chicken panini out down heah. Couple that with the con queso soup and you've got Subway's Nightmare.

4. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

There's a Subway in the same complex here that includes a Wal-Mart. And of course, Wal-Mart has Subway now.

Smart thinking.

I like Planet Sub.

5. finishthehat

finishthehat Active Member

For someone who grew up in New Jersey and moved south, Jersey Mike's is a godsend.

6. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

1. Publix
    2. Wawa

Huge drop...

7. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

The bottom line if price is an issue: If you go to the grocery store and buy all of the ingredients, you can make the same sandwich (in most cases) and make it much more cheaply. And it probably is better than a Subway sandwich. To me, if I decide to go out and pay for it, going to Quiznos is worth the extra money.

8. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

That's a quality suggestion right there.
    Love me the Quesadilla wrap sans bacon.
    The Chicken California wrap is tasty too.

9. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Quizno's is overcooked crap. The only sub shop to ever stand out in my book is South Side Sub Shop in Columbia. Triple cheese, onions, black olives and hot peppers...yum!

10. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

I second, third, fourth that.

A little bit more money, but so worth having the meat sliced for you after you order.

11. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

Camille's is in the same price bracket at Quizno's.

And what's with all the Quizno's bashing? It's not that bad. The Honey Burboun Chicken is pretty good.

12. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

I thought Quizno's was extremely overrated, then once those dead rodent commercials came out a while back....well, I'll never eat at Quizno's again. Ever.

Jimmie John's? I wish there was one close by.

Draft saved Draft deleted