1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is Steph Curry the 'best outside shooter of all time?'

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by MisterCreosote, Apr 14, 2016.

1. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

YF is egging him on?

2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I identified it early on! (Which doesn't mean I don't still enjoy it.)

3. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

As long as we're veering into irrelevance, here's Jean Claude Van Damme dancing:

[​IMG]

Alma likes this.
  4. Tweener

Tweener Well-Known Member

Bird was pretty amazing, but his FG% was likely better because, at 6-foot-9, he probably took a lot more shots near the basket. Curry is untouchable from beyond 20 feet at the volume he shoots.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2016
  5. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

There is no doubt in my mind; as many on the board have said, its not just the numbers but the sheer difficulty of the 3s he's taking that is mind-boggling.

The Warriors are simply the only team that I've seen run a down pick, curl 3 within the normal flow of a game; if that's not an indication of the best outside shooter ever, don't know what is. Watch plays for Klay, even he doesn't do the curl 3, he's the square, catch and shoot 3. There's also the Curry unbelievable quick release 3, and the off the dribble 3s from 27+. The mid-range shots, 15-18 look like FTs for him, and he's finishing at the rim better than anyone else below 6'9".

6. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Probably, but Bird did win the first three 3-point shooting contests.

7. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

I think the desire to keep doing it is pretty sad.

8. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I'm sure you do.

Mr. Sunshine likes this.
  9. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Pray for me.

10. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I come to you for one thing here, Alma, and that is to find out where my close relatives actually fall on divisive issues despite what they say.

11. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

I don't post here enough - and you're far too well-adjusted - for my posts to be of any service to you.

I do find it odd that you can't just accept I'm wrong - or, more to the point, I couldn't possibly know - and move on.

12. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Kyle Korver took one shot in 36 minutes of a playoff game.

Draft saved Draft deleted