1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is Rudy G. Just Another George W.?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Flying Headbutt, Aug 27, 2007.

1. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

I asked for policies. As to lunatic... yes, vouchers are about as absurd and patently stupid as it gets since the economic theories they are based on, supply and demand, disprove their effectiveness. Border Control is an issue that has Republicans split but going after brown people doesn't seem to be a problem for them. I will also throw in gay rights quashing as another "lunatic" issue.

Please, provide a "lunatic left" issue that you feel has demonstrated a hijacking of the party.

2. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Don't evade. Answer the question. Untrue, biased, whatever. What about it was biased?

3. jimmymcd

jimmymcd Guest

nationalized health care
    "anti-sprawl" legislation

4. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

Madmen!

5. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

Well that's some frothing-at-the-mouth, batshit-crazy insanity right there. Yeah, that guy who thinks he's Napoleon's a little touched, but the one over there talking about guaranteed health insurance, he's a rip-roaring maniac.

6. jimmymcd

jimmymcd Guest

It all depends on your perspective, irish.

Also, why do you assume I agree with Bush on everything? He has failed miserably in delivering on his promises to the conservative base. Glad I didn't vote for him.

7. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

Ask Grandma and Grandpa their persepctive on "nationalized" medicine. Medicare and Medicaid are pretty well thought of by those who use them.

8. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

Wait wait wait. It's not untrue, it's biased? Are you saying the truth is biased? The truth is truth, even if it happens to be politically expedient for one side or the other.

I think the use of first person in this article may be an indication that it's not a straight news piece, too.

9. MCbamr

MCbamr Member

"war without end"...that's opinion (and quite likely not possible)
    "Some of the Bush Administration's policies....have made the U.S. better at fighting terrorism"...that's opinion
    "others, from the war in Iraq....made the task much more difficult."...opinion

10. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

I can see your mention of nationalized health care. Although, this has been around for over 10-years. This isn't new.

I'm not sure about the mention of anti-sprawl legislation. Where is this? Is it a national movement? What does this entail?

Draft saved Draft deleted