1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is Rudy G. Just Another George W.?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Flying Headbutt, Aug 27, 2007.

1. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Hell of an indepth piece from Time Magazine this week. No spin and the only opinion comes from experts and pundits, but it's essentially a really good fact check piece that doesn't make Rudy look nearly the hero he wants to make himself out as. And at the end, it does seem as if he's a slicker, fast talking NYC version of W.

http://www.time.com/time/nation/article/0,8599,1655262,00.html

2. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

I await SJGOP.com's response to that left-wing rag. :D

3. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Talking slicker and faster than Dubya could apply to... oh, anyone.

4. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

He's not George W.

Rudy is worse.

5. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Paging Mizzou. Damage control.

6. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

I don't view Rudy as a complete dunce like W is. Thus the comparison is off.

7. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

No comparison. He's twice as smart and 1 1/2 times as evil.

8. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

Agreed. I don't think he's as dense as George, but I could see him doing irreparable damage to the country through his foreign policy.

9. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Rudy will be a great leader in the aftermath of disasters made worse by his neglect. He'll also work with Congress to get federal legislation against squeegee guys working our country's street corners. And maybe he'll have a very public affair, embarrass the hell out of Judy and try to force her out of the White House.

10. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

I am not sure what people expect of Rudy. Mayors work primarily within city limits. Presidents work primarily on foreign policy. That is where they have the most power and impact.

Screaming about terrorism every two seconds is just fruitless.

11. ...but effective.

12. nafselon

nafselon Well-Known Member

Chris Rock said Rudy is like a pitbull, he'll protect your house...but he might eat your children.

Draft saved Draft deleted