1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is RG3 done?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Mr. Sunshine, Nov 20, 2014.

1. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

He's gone from rookie of the year to laughingstock in less than two seasons.

I think he has completely lost his confidence, and I don't think he's cut out for the leadership role being demanded of him.

I don't see this turning around.

Thoughts?

2. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I can't remember ever hearing a coach tear down a player like that, certainly not a "face of the franchise" kind of player. Gruden repeatedly said the guy doesn't do the most basic things involved in playing the position.

He's going to have to leave that franchise and swallow his ego to get to where he could be. I don't see either of those things happening.

3. Sea Bass

Sea Bass Well-Known Member

I have no idea, but I wish the practice of grown men calling him RG3 will soon be done.

4. Mr. Sunshine

As fallout, the Redskins are going to become the Raiders.

5. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

If he's being judged after what was by far his worst game as a pro, then yes. The Tampa game aside, though, he hasn't been terrible this year.

He obviously can't run the way he used to, but what's really puzzling is his tentativeness to throw anything but a dumpoff. He's thrown it deep, from the pocket, with great success and lesser personnel than he has now.

Part of it is that he's still only played four games in an entirely new offense. Part of it is also media- and fan-created, with a lot of nitwits here thinking Cousins or McCoy is the better long-term option.

Given what they gave up to get him, Griffin will get the rest of this year and probably a good portion of next year, if not all of it, to prove himself. I hope he can do it, but I'm not holding my breath.

6. Mr. Sunshine

Seems an odd complaint.

7. Mr. Sunshine

Kyle Shanahan is looking better by the play.

8. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

If LeGarrette Blount can keep finding jobs, RG3 will.

9. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Remember the "who'd you rather" toward the end of 2012 among Luck, Griffin and Wilson?

Good times.

10. Mr. Sunshine

He can stay in the league another decade and still be done.

11. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Read this analysis of Griffin's game on Sunday. Holy crap. Step by step disembowelment.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/dc-sports-bog/wp/2014/11/19/chris-cooley-rgiii-was-so-bad-i-cant-assess-the-rest-of-the-redskins-offense/

12. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

They said the same kinds of things about Andre Ware and Akili Smith. He is closer to those guys right now than even a passable starting quarterback.

Draft saved Draft deleted