1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is Pudge Rodriguez through as a hitter?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by casty33, Oct 6, 2006.

1. slowcenter

slowcenter Member

Gentlemen -- Offense intended -- just want you to know that.

When a guy hits .300 for an entire MLB season, he's probably not "THROUGH" as a hitter. If you can keep hitting .300 (even without any power), you can probably play until you are Julio Franco's age.

My own question: When did everyone start to swallow the NY Post/tabloid version of sports?
    That you absolutely "SUCK" and are "DONE" if you have one or two bad games? This is BASEBALL, for goodness' sake, not the NFL.

Casty, your mea culpa is noble, but you of all people should know better.

Damn, I'm starting to feel like one of the old guys, a voice of reason.

2. casty33

casty33 Active Member

The voice of reason is what many folks used to call me, slow, so I tell you right now you are right. And I wish I had never written this entire thing. He's not washed up.

(But those YS at-bats sure did look rotten).

3. slowcenter

slowcenter Member

You want to talk about some sick-looking at-bats: I was 20 rows behind home plate last night at Comerica and had to watch THE BEST LINEUP in baseball history flail in futility at Kenny Rogers' soft-toss offerings.

Now that was disgusting!

4. bigugly

bigugly Member

I can tell you that he look small and his swing is not good at all. Even as a catcher he is way overrated! His prime is to quote Ernie Harwell: LONG GONE!

Draft saved Draft deleted