1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is Pat Burrell a Hall of Famer?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Evil Bastard (aka Chris_L), Jan 30, 2012.

1. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

http://deadspin.com/5682767/pat-burrell-hook+up-stories-are-plentiful-apocryphal-and-literally-full-of-shit

2. Burnitz only had an OPS+ of 111 while Burrell was at 116.

Burrell almost made $25 million more than Burnitz too.

3. He'll definitely make the Phils wall of fame (his one World Series hit in 27 ABs turned out to be the biggest of them all) but that's about it.

4. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Another circus clown we're all supposed to feel sorry for.

5. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

He's actually making fun of me specifically. It's been a few weeks since he trolled me, so I guess he was bored or something today.

For whatever reason, he gets leeway here that others don't. It's all good, though. Carry on.

6. Whoa - whoa- not every stupid thread is a veiled shot at your low intelligence and lack of people skills.

The day of Pat Burrell is perhaps the last chance we'll have to discuss him.

7. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Dick, if I can have my troll, you can have yours and like it. ;)

8. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I've actually come to embrace having an admirer!

9. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

So who did he sign a one-day contract with so he "could retire a (blank)."?

10. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

IIRC, his last deal had him moving into the Giants' front office after retirement.

11. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Story I saw suggested the Phillies might give him that.

12. If you sign a one-day contract do you get the per diem? And if so - does the agent get a cut of the per diem?

And BTW - Dick the troll is the one who goes around chasing people. You seem to be chasing me around but yet I'm the troll? Feel free to suck a long brown doodie out of my ass.

Draft saved Draft deleted