1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is Obama already the President?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by spinning27, Jul 19, 2008.

1. We Republicans need to stick together, Mizzou. At least until the indictments start rolling out ...

2. 37th, actually.

Go hug a tree.

3. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

To answer the OP from my post in Morocco: Yes, according to the kids here.

We did a quiz show and I put in "Who is Barack Obama?" With no hesitation, they said the president of the U.S. And, since I didn't have final editing over the answers, the adults running the show assumed it to be true.

Same group of people who guessed the New York Yankees (the most popular type hat available) play tae kwon do, tennis and hockey before finally landing on baseball. (And they cheated on the last two guesses.)

4. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Moddy, can we just have like an all-purpose Obama thread, and all-Purpose McCain thread, and then an all-purpose trash the candidate with your opposing viewpoint thread? That way you and I can not click on either of them.

5. RedSmithClone

RedSmithClone Active Member

Hey, I say you have every right to start different threads on different topics. It's not like you are starting topics on the same thing every day. It's about the same two guys, but it's on different policy questions or different campaign mishaps or concerns that come up.

I say keep on keeping on Spin.

6. ScribePharisee

ScribePharisee New Member

Because an effective political tool is spinning. It was perfected during the Clinton years and is now recognized as the official treatment on everything in Washington.

7. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Spin has existed longer than you and I have been alive . . . far longer.

8. ScribePharisee

In ancient days they didn't fuck with spin. They simply beheaded those who were in the way.

9. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

. . . and still do, some places . . .

10. ScribePharisee

Oh, my retired marine neighbor showed me his political statement last night. Using shoe polish in his back truck window, he says "Elect Osama Obama and suffer the consequences."

He didn't tell me what the consequences would be.

11. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

. . . or elect McCain and suffer THOSE consequences.

Easy choice.

12. Hey now, I resent that remark.

Draft saved Draft deleted