1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is Notre Dame football dead?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dick Whitman, Oct 2, 2010.

1. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Yet another example how our universal need to cram sports into storylines makes us believe things that turn out to be wildly false.

2. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

I am often impressed by the memory of some folks on here. I guess TSP's been waiting on that one for more than two years now.

3. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Actually I was looking for a post about Rick Reilly's "Notre Dame is irrelevant" column from before the season because I swore there was a discussion about it. I stumbled upon this instead. Just thought it would be funny ... much like the Big 10 expansion thread from five years ago someone recently linked in which just about everything that everyone said will never happen pretty much happened.

4. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Yeah, didn't Reilly say ND should remove itself from its BCS deal and NBC should cancel the TV contract? I remember him practically getting into a shouting match with Golic on Mike and Mike one morning.

5. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

Oh, man, Golic is going to be something else on Monday.

6. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Once the SEC champ thrashes them, this thread will return to the usual weeping and gnashing of teeth.

7. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Guilty.

8. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

The SEC is a false God.

9. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Not for six more weeks.

10. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

___ all