1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is nothing sacred, plagiarists?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by BertoltBrecht, Feb 10, 2008.

1. BertoltBrecht

BertoltBrecht Member

Texas Tech student columnist plagiarizes article on plagiarism. He's since been fired, here's the story on the termination:

http://media.www.dailytoreador.com/media/storage/paper870/news/2008/02/05/Opinions/Dt.Columnist.Fired.For.Plagiarism-3187801.shtml

2. Re: Is nothing sacred plagiarists?

I think you need a comma or a 'to' in the hed

PS. What a dumbass.

3. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

Re: Is nothing sacred plagiarists?

In no way, shape or form should the phrase "no way, shape or form" ever appear in print, unless it's a quote, and it better be a great quote.

4. Re: Is nothing sacred plagiarists?

One of the stories he stole was "Plagiarism is not a sin." You think he figured the author just wouldn't care?

5. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

In no way, shape or form should be care, or he would be a hypocrite in dealing with a very serious problem in our society.

God bless you, college paper people. I miss the days...

6. fishwrapper

fishwrapper Active Member

I laughed.

7. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Maybe he was being ironical?

8. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

Like the good advice that he just didn't take.

Moran!

9. spud

spud Member

Judging by a few of his columns, I don't think the paper lost much from his transgression. Aside from a smidge of integrity.

10. BYH

BYH Active Member

He'd waited his whole damn life to copy that column. And as he got fired, he thought, well isn't this nice?

11. BertoltBrecht

BertoltBrecht Member

I've been on this forum for a short time and this is the second thread I've seen that has been Alanis-jacked.

12. Twice just this week ... try being on here a year, it gets REALLY old by then ...

Draft saved Draft deleted