1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is NJ Celebrating a Late Christmas?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Apr 13, 2007.

1. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

With Sherman just a few miles away Rhett and Mrs Butler decide its time to leave the plantation and head north.

[​IMG]

Time for the Gov to take down the Christmas lights I think.

Imagine the CO2 footprint of the mansion if they are still running the holiday decorations.

2. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

People on my block seem to keep their decorations up for an inordinately long time, too. People seem to be gung-ho about putting them up the day after halloween but not so much when it's time to take them down. Putting them up is tradition, taking them down is a chore.

3. Boom_70

NJ has had some budget issues so maybe the governor does not have any personal to help around the mansion.

4. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Well, since the governor is going to be in the hospital for a while, looks like the lights won't be coming down anytime soon.

5. spnited

spnited Active Member

Since the governor rarely stays at or lives in the mansion, it's mostly there for show anyway.

And of course you realize it's Don Imus' fault that Corzine was in a bad car crash last night.

6. Boom_70

Spnited have a Merry Christmas huh.

7. spnited

spnited Active Member

Every day is Christmas in New Jersey, Boom!

8. Boom_70

NJ is at the root cause for global warming. Your footprint is huge.
    Time to turn unneeded lights off .

Please call someone. You must have connections. I played golf with Dick Cody once maybe I should call him.

9. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Actually, it looks like a big part of the problem comes from our side of the river, Boom.

http://www.thenewstribune.com/892/story/38047.html

New York City produces nearly 1 percent of the nation's greenhouse gas emissions - an amount that puts it on par with Ireland or Portugal - according to a city study.

The study, released Tuesday, was ordered by Mayor Michael Bloomberg to assess the city's progress in reducing its greenhouse gas emissions by 30 percent by 2030. It was conducted by the mayor's Office of Long-term Planning and Sustainability.

"You have to have a real baseline or we're just talking past each other as to what works and what doesn't work - we won't ever know whether we really made a difference," Bloomberg said.

The study found that the buildings, subways, buses, cars and decomposition of waste in America's most populous city produced a net emission of 58.3 million metric tons of greenhouse gases in 2005. The report said the city's emissions "are currently as much as those of Ireland or Portugal."

10. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

A five-spot to the first person who can post the proper name of the NJ gov's mansion. (Boom included, since it's pre-misspelled for him).

11. Boom_70

Prior to corzine it was called The Ramrod.

12. spnited

spnited Active Member

Do I count goalmouth or are Jersey people not eligible.

And I'd love to see Boom try to spell it.

Draft saved Draft deleted