1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is NBC News treading Al-Jazeera territory?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twoback, Apr 19, 2007.

1. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Any network would have run with that video because it's the type of content that brings higher ratings. It's easily justifiable from an editorial standpoint, too. It was news. I don't recall the Daily News holding back on the Son of Sam's letters to Jimmy Breslin. There's sniping at whatever outlet gets these types of items.

2. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Al Jezeera just plays to it's key- demographics and core audience. It's the Arabic McNeil-Leher report.

3. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Indeed. So we're agreeing yet sparring. :D

4. JackS

JackS Member

Get with the program...Fox News did air the stuff after NBC did. I don't know about all the others, but I assume they did too.

5. JR

JR Well-Known Member

There is a terrific documentary on Al-Jazeera called "The Control Room" which I'd recommend.

Saw it a year or so ago on CBC but I assume it's out on DVD.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/4971287/

6. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

I think Al Jezeera is as legit as any American journalistic enterprise. But is legitimate the goal?

7. markvid

markvid Guest

Why is this in blue?
    :)

8. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Pastor thinks the blue scarcasm font is silly so he posts everything in blue.

Draft saved Draft deleted