1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is Mo Dowd crazy?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by JayFarrar, Aug 20, 2008.

1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Absolutely true. Almost nobody had heard of Obama before the 2004 convention.

2. pantherprowl

pantherprowl Guest

I was gonna say Warner-Schweitzer could be the ticket in 2012 (if Obama loses) or 2016 (if Obama wins).

3. spinning27

spinning27 New Member

I've said it before on this board, but Schweitzer is fabulous. He has a speaking gig at the convention this year. I heard him on the radio last week saying he's going to wear jeans and a bolo tie.

4. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

I've had the biggest crush on Schweitzer since he burst onto the Montana political scene in the governor's race a few years back. I'd love to go hunting with the man, and I don't even really hunt.

5. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

One of my son's good friends from college works for Schweitzer. The man is a genuine hot shit, and you don't get many of those in politics of any ideology.

6. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I'm sure this board will be a Schweitzer lovefest in four years when he runs against Hillary and then whoever McCain's VP is. :D

7. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Mizzou, that could happen. Probably not, but it could. I think Hillary's time has come and gone. Not for personal or ideology reasons, just the passage of time. If you lose a race in 2008 because a thin plurality of voters thought rightly or wrongly you were back-dated, there will only be more voters who feel that way in 2012. In 2012, there will be voters who don't remember the Clinton presidency. For my son, who's 23, it's pretty vague.

8. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I'm glad everyone is so convinced what's going to happen in 2012 when we don't even know what's going to happen in 2008 yet.

9. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Um ... Hillary is 60 now and will turn 65 in October 2012. How old was your St. Ronnie when he beat Mondale?

10. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

That could be a big help to Mo. She obviously needs a good screwing.

11. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Different for guys. I'm not saying I agree with that, but there it is.

12. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

If by "different" you mean that women outlive men by an average of 6 years in this country (79/73); or that men suffer "cognitive impairment" as they age at nearly double the rate of women, then yes, I'm in complete agreement.

* http://health.usnews.com/articles/health/healthday/2008/07/28/rates-of-mild-cognitive-impairment-higher-than.html

Men were almost twice as likely to develop mild cognitive impairment compared with women, Petersen's team notes.

Draft saved Draft deleted