1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is Mitt running for president again?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by LongTimeListener, Jan 20, 2015.

1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I'm not sure Cruz is brash, or bat shit crazy, but I do know they don't mean the same thing.

2. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Cruz isn't crazy, he's just easy to paint as crazy, which is all that matters in elections.

3. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

And as long as it stays that way *** but yes, what he said. Thanks for keeping it on the rails and thanks for CONTINUING to keep it on the rails. Please don't be the person who screws it up.

4. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Obama delivered one of the great lines without missing a beat when a smattering of GOP turds clapped at his mention of having no more campaigns.

"I should know -- I won both times."

Still rising.

5. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Channeling my inner Gen'l Sherman: If challenged I will not quote, if insulted I will not post. :D

6. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Obama and Cruz took different paths out of law school as Obama headed immediately to the community activist / elected office route while Cruz burnished his legal letters before being appointed to office and then running for senate.

7. britwrit

britwrit Well-Known Member

The last two guys who ran twice and lost (Adlai Stevenson and Thomas E. Dewey) are remembered - unjustifiably - today for being nothing more than punch lines. A century has reduced three-time loser William Jennings Bryan into some freak weirdly obsessed with gold.

You have to applaud his courage but I'd never want to risk that myself.

8. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

And I meant to add, I don't know if the Hispanic population would accept Cruz as one of their own.

Cubans have an interesting relationship with the rest of the Spanish speaking world. It doesn't tend to be positive.

9. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

He says some inflammatory stuff that he could probably do just as well not saying. He's obviously not crazy, but he's not going to win the POTUS by pissing people off.

10. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

The last thing Cruz is is crazy.

He's a hyper-go-getter.

11. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Yes, who else had the foresight to demand strengthening our presence at the Mexican border to spare us from an Ebola outbreak. He's a visionary.

12. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

And monkeys. Don't forget the monkeys.

Draft saved Draft deleted