1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is Megatron a good cat name?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by MrWrite, Aug 24, 2008.

1. MrWrite

MrWrite Member

Since SportsJournalists.com was so helpful to me during my last kitty crisis (when Charles Barkley ran away), I'd like some input from any interested parties on naming the next kitty. He's a three-month old white kitten (we'll get him in about a week or so).

Anyway, I want to name him Megatron. My girlfriend thinks this is a less-than-stellar name. As does every other rational and sane person, apparently. My mom thought it was a stupid name, but I give her props for knowing who Megatron was ("You want to name him after a Transformer?!"). So at this point, the girlfriend is not in favor of that name but is not totally against it either.

So, I told the little lady I'd foist the debate on the good people of SportsJournalists.com and let them have their say. Megatron? No Megatron? Any other ideas?

2. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

No way you have a girlfriend.

3. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

Wait a few days. The right name will come to you after you observe the feline in action.

My folks didn't and named our cat Samson. A year or so later, she was pregnant.

4. Overrated

Overrated Guest

Eartha Kitt-en

5. MrWrite

MrWrite Member

Well played, FDP. The imaginary girlfriend laughed, too.

6. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

Do it, man. Totally do it.

7. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

Either that or Starscream. That way, when he coughs up a hairball or bites your let or misses the litterbox, you can bust out: "You've failed me again, Starscream."

8. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Name it Puddles. It's cute, and it's got a dual meaning.

9. Dickens Cider

Dickens Cider New Member

I'm intrigued by your ideas and wish to subscribe to your newsletter.

10. BYH

BYH Active Member

Name it Toonces.

11. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Or you can just throw it off the cliff now and save all three of you some time.

12. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Name the cat Schrödinger.

Twirling Time likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted