1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is Mark Sanchez Coming Out?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Jan 15, 2009.

1. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

He'll look great in his neat, clean uniform.

Holding a clipboard.

2. markvid

markvid Guest

Which is why Tebow's back to FL.
    He's not stupid.

3. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

I think you might have him confused with Matt Stafford...

4. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Of course, I don't think any of the quarterbacks available in this year's draft will be under center for whatever team drafts them.

I don't think Bradford would have been either.

5. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

No, Tebow's back in Florida because he's not a first round pick, which Sanchez is. Heck, with Bradford going back to OU, he may slip into the Top 10.

Sanchez may not be ready, especially in Carroll's estimation, but he is going to get paid pretty well regardless.

6. markvid

markvid Guest

That's what I meant, GB.
    No way Tebow plays in the NFL this fall, or maybe even the next.

7. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

No, and neither will Sanchez, or Stafford I would guess. But they have better passing technique than Tebow, and as such are viewed as first rounders.

I think Tebow, had he come out, may have dropped to the late second/third round. Not much signing bonus money to be had there.

8. Angola!

Angola! Guest

i'll admit, i almost used the thread title as a brief headline sans the question mark, but i resisted the urge.

9. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Never knew that he was gay.

10. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

No, the rookie salary cap thing, at least, won't be in effect until 2010. Which means Sanchez might have just cost Stafford millions of dollars. On the other hand, he might have just gotten Stafford out of Detroit, which can't be a bad thing.

11. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

If Tebow came out, the Jags would take him in the third round, put him on billboards across the state to sell tickets and then only use him on special teams and as a TE.

The guy is one of the best college players of all-time, but the scouts want no part of him.

12. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I don't think Sanchez or Stafford will wind up in Detroit. The Lions are praying that one of them has a spectacular combine so they can deal the pick. If the Lions keep the pick, they'll play it safe and take one of the tackles.

Draft saved Draft deleted