1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is Mark Buehrle a Hall of Famer

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Gehrig, Sep 25, 2014.

?

Is Mark Buehrle a Hall of Famer

1. Yes

1 vote(s)
    4.5%
  2. No

21 vote(s)
    95.5%
  1. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

He's a Hall of Famer in my book after what he did to the Mariners this week.

2. RecoveringJournalist

RecoveringJournalist Well-Known Member

I don't think he'll get enough votes to keep his name on the ballot for a second year.

3. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Dick, I don't consider occasionally winning that traditionally horseshit division a great feat.
    I'm talking about playing for legitimate WS contenders.

4. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

If he pitched in New York, he would be revered enough that Keith Olbermann would hate him.

5. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Winning or contending in a weak division may not impress you, but it doesn't the definition of lousy. You could certainly say he played mostly for mediocre teams.

6. 3_Octave_Fart

I see the professor of semantics and applied rhetoric is back for his noon feeding.

7. outofplace

Fart, just admit you chose your words poorly and move on. It's okay. We already realized that you don't know nearly as much about baseball as you claim.

8. 3_Octave_Fart

You're still using pitching wins and reliever ERA in arguments on this board, so let's not discuss how little you actually know about player evaluation.

9. outofplace

Wrong again, fart boy. I don't use pitcher wins in arguments on this board. You are either mistaken or lying. Either is always possible with you.

ERA should be a component in measuring ANY pitcher's performance, though it is just a component. I'm sorry you are too clueless about baseball to understand that.

Of course, that is all an attempt on your part to cover your latest mistake in a baseball discussion. Buehrle did not play mostly for lousy teams. You can change the subject or move the goalposts all you like, but Dick clearly demonstrated that you got that wrong.

10. 3_Octave_Fart

Better things to do today than dicker with you. Bye-bye little man, go piss up a rope.

11. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

He is pretty much a Moyer clone, which is going to help him. Buehrle could conceivably pitch into his 40s. It's not like he's going to lose his fastball.

12. outofplace

I guess this is as close as we can get to fart boy admitting he was wrong. Don't worry, little fart. We know.

Draft saved Draft deleted