1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is Lorenzo Neal a HoF'er?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Write-brained, Jan 11, 2009.

1. Either Eric Allen or Freddie Coleman said it was possible on Espn radio today, which made me wonder.

He has an impressive resume leading 1,000-yard backs seemingly every year, but will that get him into the Hall of Fame? Should it?

2. micke77

micke77 Member

nope. Lorenzo Neal isn't a HOFer. long career, but can't see him getting enough votes. i would be very surprised.

3. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

He should be a Hall of Famer, as should special teams stars.

Neal was the best at his position for a long time. I will be disappointed if he's not a Hall of Famer.

4. micke77

micke77 Member

speaking of special teams, does Brian Mitchell go in as a first ballot HOFer? covered his career in college and he was one super QB.

5. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

The Hall of Fine Careers, just down the street from the HoF.

6. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

I don't understand why being the best at any position for several years isn't Hall of Fame worthy.

7. DirtyDeeds

DirtyDeeds Guest

I think he is, as the best as that position in a long time, but I'll be surprised if he gets in. And if he does, it'll take a while.

8. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

How many football HOFers played for 7 different teams? Not to mention the longest stay in one place only 5 years. Not necessarily saying that's a bad thing, but extraordinarily unusual--I can't think of anyone being considered for Canton who bounced around in their career like Neal.

9. DirtyDeeds

DirtyDeeds Guest

And the reason for that is probably the reason he won't get in. The position just isn't a priority. Although any back who ran behind him will probably tell you it should be.

10. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

Well mostly because there are a number of years when he was the best in a field of about three........

11. Angola!

Angola! Guest

of course he's a hall of famer, how could you argue otherwise? it'd be like saying sammy baugh isn't a hall of famer.

12. BYH

BYH Active Member

Well, if he does go to the HOF, that'd be two HOFers Jeff Fisher coached.

Draft saved Draft deleted