1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is It Wrong to Watch Football?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by YankeeFan, Sep 5, 2014.

1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

We know you're a creep -- and probably fat -- if you decided to look at the nude celebrity photos that leaked this week.

But, is it unethical to watch the NFL? Chuck Klosterman tackles the subject:

I’ve recently begun to question my support for the N.F.L. I suspect that the recent discoveries about concussions and the prevalence of early-onset dementia among players are just the tip of the iceberg. Is it unethical to support a league that seems to know it is detrimental to the health of its participants? And if so, what should my response be? Don’t go to games? Don’t buy merchandise? Don’t watch on television? Start actively opposing the N.F.L.? Write letters?

DARREN WILLIAMS, DALLAS

2. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Fat sports writers.

3. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

What's the female equivalent of creep?

4. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Skank?

5. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Doesn't sound right.

What if nude photos of DiCaprio or Gosling were jacked and posted online and women all over the world clicked to ogle them? What would those women be called vis-a-vis "creep"?

6. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

On a weekly basis, the supermarket tabloids run pictures of celebrities and their toddlers/children.... While the celebs are going to the market, playing at the park, getting a Starbucks drink.

How fucking creepy is that, that housefraus (and god knows who else) are poring over pictures of these celebrities' toddlers?

7. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Awesome chick.

8. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Normal.

9. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Is Chuck Klosterman the dolt who has ruined more than one 30 for 30?

10. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Yeah. He's like if Ethan Hawke's character in Reality Bites actually existed.

Very popular though among the navel-gazing millennial crowd.

11. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Klosterman is a hipster douche.

12. RecoveringJournalist

RecoveringJournalist Well-Known Member

But he's an expert on Bo Jackson because he used to play Techmo Bowl.

Draft saved Draft deleted