1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is It Wrong to Avoid Handing Out Halloween Candy??

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by 3_Octave_Fart, Oct 29, 2013.

1. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

I respect that candy is sincere.
    It doesn't pretend to be healthy.
    It says 'Fart, I am here for your pleasure, I am just here to be a little bon-bon for your gratification.
    'I'm not trying to provide you fiber or nutritional value or save your life or perform anything redeeming.'
    That doesn't mean I don't have concerns for 9-year-old kids verging on Type 2 diabetes mellitus.

2. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Dammit, Fart, I tried to TELL them you had concerns for 9-year-olds verging on Type 2 diabetes mellitus.

And they tried to tell me no, Fart only cares about eating his own Halloween candy.

I feel vindicated.

3. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Those aren't trick-or-treaters. Those are muggers.

4. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Few years ago my wife went all out on the candy.
    We were going to treat the kids right, help Halloween be for others the vivid childhood experience it needs to be.
    I had a few drinks after a long workday and came home and must have demolished a good half of it.
    It seemed like a good idea at the time.
    Fart was in the shithouse for at least a week.
    I still get grief over that.

5. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

should clear the porch post haste...

6. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Why would you say no to someone who needs to use your bathroom?

7. NDJournalist

NDJournalist Active Member

Why would he let a complete stranger into his house?

8. Bradley Guire

Bradley Guire Well-Known Member

My front door is back a ways from the "front" of the house because it's one of those ugly, cookie-cutter houses with the garage out front, dominating the view, making it look like I live in a garage without a house.

Anyway, I park myself in a lawn chair in front of the garage. I can run an extension cord for a few spooky lights and a small CD player with some scary music/sound effects. Beats having to get up multiple times to answer the door and fight with the dogs, who always head to the door because they equate ringing doorbell/knocking to the arrival of the pizza man. Damn dogs.

Draft saved Draft deleted