1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is It Wrong to Avoid Handing Out Halloween Candy??

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by 3_Octave_Fart, Oct 29, 2013.

1. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

Fuckers think they're better than everyone else... ;)

2. waterytart

waterytart Active Member

They could compromise by giving out Swedish Fish.

3. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

Distance between you and small children can only be a good thing.

4. Bradley Guire

Bradley Guire Well-Known Member

I started to balk at handing out candy based on the price of the bags of assorted chocolate goodies. Then I found a bag of Dum Dums, 200 for $5. That should last me the night. I kept the bag of KitKats for myself.

5. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Wow. I bet if the kids were going door-to-door looking for illicit drugs, y'all would really be pissed.

6. joe

joe Active Member

Mickey's ponys with Reese's taped to them. That would rule.

7. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

I'm just going to hand out Bibles and tracts that warn of the dangers of Satanic music....like One Direction...and twerking.

8. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

I'm finally going to start turning away fuckers who make no effort. Those teenagers who don't dress up, but walk around the neighborhood carrying a pillow case and expecting candy? THEY GET NOTHING!!!!

9. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

And before you slam the door, you should yell, GOOD NIGHT, SIR!

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  10. JackReacher

Ha.

As long as it's not raining, I'll be sitting out front drinking and trying not to eat all the candy. I should turn the fog machine on those little assholes, though.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  11. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

The last three years we've gone over to my in-laws to trick or treat. There's a few reasons we do this, but the biggest is to avoid the people who travel across town to trick or treat in our neighborhood. I have no problem with the kids coming over here, but the parents who they bring with them are insufferable.

These are things parents of these kids have said to me while I'm handing out candy.

"This is a nice house, how much did it cost?"

"Can I use your bathroom?"

"I'm thirsty, can you get me a bottled water?"

That's not even counting the people who stick their head in the doorway trying to look inside the house. Always the parents, never the kids...

The lady who asked if she could use the bathroom started yelling at me when I said no. She did the same thing with my next-door neighbor, which was a mistake... He's a cop. She drove off angrily right after my neighbor told her the same thing I did.

So the last few years, we've put the house on lockdown, turned out the lights and head to the in-laws. I don't blame anybody who doesn't want to hand out candy when you have to deal with people like that.

12. JackReacher

We've been lucky in our current place. Most of the parents stand on the sidewalk out front while their kids come up to the door for the candy. The parents have generally been pretty easy to deal with. Hopefully, it stays that way.

Draft saved Draft deleted