1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is it unethical to....

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by johnnychoice, Feb 5, 2007.

1. Lester Bangs

Lester Bangs Active Member

Well, since nobody actually reads stories on women's sports, will anybody ever really notice? Seems to me the only real danger is if your wife finds out.

2. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Pern's a Wookie? Who knew :D

3. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

I'm just waiting someone else to chime in: "You came in that thing? You're braver than I thought."

:p

And, yes, I'm a nerd.

4. fishwrapper

fishwrapper Active Member

Is (s)he good looking?

5. pressboxer

pressboxer Active Member

Since the vast majority of the female athletes I write about are young enough to be my daughter, this is not a problem for me. I'm even getting too old for most of the female coaches.

6. sheos

sheos Member

i wonder if christian laettner ever dated any of the duke, hawks or twolves beat writers?

7. WSKY

WSKY Member

I want to know what grade this person is in? The one that's not the writer ...

8. This thread has the potential to go south in a hurry ...

9. MertWindu

MertWindu Active Member

Because really, it started so far north...

10. Maybe it's because I cover mostly preps, but this question strikes me as astronomically stupid.

11. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

Wait.

Women play sports?

12. MertWindu

MertWindu Active Member

No no. I covered a women's basketball team when I was attending the same school, and I'm quite sure even my hormonal, 20-year-old self would have given myself a dope slap on this one too. I just pray to god johnnychoice is really just looking to stir debate, and isn't actually considering this.

Draft saved Draft deleted