1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is it too late for Alexander Hamilton to identify as female?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by YankeeFan, Jun 17, 2015.

1. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

It's going to be ugly. I mean if you can get away with all kinds of shit in a message board or on Twitter imagine the shit people will put on money knowing it's going to be passed around more than a Karadashian at an LA County Jail conjugal visit.

2. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Gotta be honest abbott, I don't think all that many people walk around all day dreaming up ways to deface currency with black people on it.

3. heyabbott

Have you ever read FB messages? Comment sections following newspaper article? People will bring up race and bigotry and prejudice at every opportunity. This will be yyyyuuuuuuuge. Americans are the best racists, Evah.

4. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Germany on line one.

5. heyabbott

Americans had the good sense to call out concentration camps, Reservations. As a Jewish person, I would rarely discount the depth that is German anti-Semitism. But given the treatment of American Indians, blacks in America, pre-civil war and post civil war, The Klan, Japanese Interment Camps, and every immigrant group since the Puritans, no one beats American racism.

Except for Indians by virtue of reservations and blacks, most immigrant groups and Judeo-Christian religions find acceptance in America after a period time. No one does assimilation better than Americans.

6. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

My favorite shirt I own:
    [​IMG]

I'm bummed that it won't make sense any more...

7. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Meanwhile, Ben "Carry the Trump Water" Carson lamented that Jackson might be kicked off the $20 and recommended Tubman be allocated to the seldom used $2 bill. That guy's a gift.

Ben Carson: Put Tubman on Bill No One Uses

8. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

They did. It was called "Bloody Bloody Andrew Jackson" and was on Broadway a few years ago. I liked it, but it didn't last too long.

9. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

That's exactly what they're doing!

Tubman gets the front, Jackson gets the back of the bill.

10. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

Even if he's still on the back, I'll take it...6 years later: Reaganomics, for real

11. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

It is time for Washington, Jefferson and Lincoln to stop double dipping. You can be on a bill or coin, but it shouldn't be both.

12. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted