1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is it OK to be a campaign manager for a friend?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by RedSmithClone, Nov 12, 2007.

1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Ethics aside, he needs a campaign manager more plugged into the city where he's running for office.

2. Boomer7

Boomer7 Active Member

RSC, did you ask your bosses yet? Knowing your newspaper (and its coverage area), I think it's fair to say there's no conflict of interest with where your candidate is. But I'd definitely clear it with the chain of command at your paper. Let them make the call.

Also, knowing the town/city (both?) where your candidate is running, I will say this: If you run on a platform of banning parents from all school sporting events, I will move back there to vote for you.

3. RedSmithClone

RedSmithClone Active Member

Damn they do have some of the worst parents ever huh? God it makes me ill sometimes just going to see my Godson in little tykes football. Sad part is his daddy the coach is just as loud and crazy as the rents!

Oh by the way ... we are cleaning out the basement and I came across our yearbook from Middle School. What a friggin riot!

Draft saved Draft deleted