1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is it just me?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by micke77, Feb 18, 2009.

1. pseudo

pseudo Well-Known Member

Second the Ziploc trick. Hadn't considered the page protectors for a clipboard, but I'll have to keep that in mind. For the waterproof stuff, the site you're looking for is www.riteintherain.com.

As for the original questions, 1 and 2, absolutely. No B&N or Borders out here in the sticks, so finding one is a required part of any trip to the city, and there are Pilot G-2s in various hues all over this house. No. 3, not so much. All the road-hazard stuff (first-aid kit, battery pack/jumper cables, toolbox, etc.) stays in a bin in the back, so the snow brush/scraper is the only thing on the floor of the back seat right now.

You're describing my house, not the car. Overflowing bookshelves, including one with the last couple of months' sports sections stacked on top of it. Unfolded clothes draped over the chairs at the kitchen table. And I suppose I could probably find time to take the Christmas tree down, now that my last basketball team got knocked out of the playoffs last night ...
    (Good thing I live alone, eh? ;) )

2. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

They're called Rite-in-the-Rain and they're fantastic.

3. Rhody31

Rhody31 Well-Known Member

I was covering a football game, took my pancho out of its packaging, wore it, and put my hands inside the packaging with my clipboard to keep stats.

As for pens, I used a Zebra F-402. They were three bucks a pop and I bought three, the two packages of replacement ink. Ink flow is perfect and I love the weight, the click, the clip, and the rubber piece that protects my writer's bump.

[​IMG]

4. micke77

micke77 Member

NoOneLikesUs.....where can you get the Rite-in-the-Rain? can't believe that Levenger's catalog i mentioned doesn't have them. they got everything else.

Pseudo.....my kitchen, catchall table at this very moment features 15-20 media guides, a Heisman Trophy UPS mailback envelope (I usually e-mail my votes in), several pens and highlighters, a flashlight, several binder clips and a couple of Post-It notes pads and a couple of vitamin bottles (E and C).
    the flashlight is used to find some of this stuff when I need it in the dark ( :mad:).

5. micke77

micke77 Member

before heading out to cover local college's first baseball game of the season (temps due to be in low 30's, no less), meant to add that my cohort who lost that digital recording pen the other day never found it after spending four or five hours looking for it yesterday. i think he used everything from metal detectors to the local SWAT team to try and locate it, but no luck. he is still pissed about losing it.

6. pseudo

pseudo Well-Known Member

7. Jeremy Goodwin

Jeremy Goodwin Active Member

damn. Only $5.25 each. I thought it would be more expensive.

8. micke77

micke77 Member

Pseudo...much thanks...dang, only $5.25. figure it'd be at least 10 bucks or so. not bad. plan to check that out. appreciate it.

Draft saved Draft deleted