1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is it just me?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by micke77, Feb 18, 2009.

1. Jeremy Goodwin

Jeremy Goodwin Active Member

So do I.
    Oh, and my car is dirty, though better recently. After a few road trips you can usually find multiple fast food wrappers in the back seat from various places, a few days worth of newspapers, direction printouts, notebooks and pens all over the place.

2. zebracoy

zebracoy Guest

I've got a lot of newspapers, parking passes and fast food receipts. That's about it.

3. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Yes. Only not as funny and poor.

4. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I just have a ton of CDs in the back of my car. And a hat. Can't go anywhere without a hat.

5. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

I check books out at the library and go to the book store often. Other than that, I rarely browse for pens or writing devices. My car is rather neat as I confine most of my crap to the trunk.

6. Got all 4 symptoms, counting fishwrapper's, and nothing alleviates the condition. Not a nagging, neat-freak wife, nada.

7. Frank_Ridgeway

Frank_Ridgeway Well-Known Member

I use pencils, mostly. Years of doing layout in the pre-pagination era gave me an appreciation for erasable writing and drawing. My wife has the Staples fixation -- she is a filing freak.

8. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

Oh, you kids and your store-bought pens. Mine mostly have hotel names on them.

9. Jeremy Goodwin

Jeremy Goodwin Active Member

I also have some Case Logics somewhere in the car and a hat or two.

10. CentralIllinoisan

CentralIllinoisan Active Member

Ditto.

11. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

I got a Pilot G-2 red pen for homework,underlining some work use, otherwise its bic round stic medium point. I also have a nice Parker that I got out of college, but am just too afraid to use it. it sits in a drawer until I go for job interviews.

12. spud

spud Member

I was covering a soccer game in a town about an hour away from our shop about a month ago, dropped my pen in the press box and totally forgot about it. I still miss that fucker.

I'm really particular about the kind of pen I use. Not too inky, but it sure as hell has to write smooth, bold and clear. If I'm writing down call-ins with a shit pen, it gets me all off kilter.

Draft saved Draft deleted