1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is it Hillary, or just a woman thing?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by dragonfly, Feb 13, 2008.

1. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Paradigm?

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  2. Don't worry, you can still be both.

3. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Well, we all can't be as enlightened as you.

4. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Ain't that the fucking truth.

5. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Simon,

You really really think this a sexist nation? You really think men go out of their way to mess with women in 2007?

I dunno. It's not the anecdotal evidence I see out there, and nothing about the way women are portrayed on by the media would suggest it either.

6. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

I'm sure I can think of some crap, yeah. I'm just wondering if it's misogyny.

7. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

I dislike plenty of male politicians, and Senator Clinton just so happens to be a female politician I don't like. I can't control what anyone else thinks, and I'm sure some hate her just because she's a woman, but I could care less. I just dislike her and many of her ideas.

I'm not dismissing Hillary for being a woman, just like I'm not dismissing Huckabee for being a card-carrying member of the Religious Rong. I just think there are better candidates (including some who never had a chance).

8. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Then why aren't you running for President? We're obviously missing out on the salvation of this country by not having you and your brilliance at the top of the ticket.

9. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

I'ved worked for a female sports editor and two female managing editors in the past 15 years. I'm married with an 18 year old daughter whose maintenance level is just south of Britney Spears. In other words, I take a lot of crap from women. But pardon the hell out of me me if I don't want to vote for a woman based on my judgment of her abilities and what I think she can and can't do for the country, and not want to be labeled a woman-hater.

10. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Poor, discriminated hondo. When you make 70 cents on the dollar to every woman in the world, I might have more sympathy. ::)

Fair enough. As I've repeated before, there's plenty of reasons not to want to vote for Clinton. I'm not voting for her, either.

But it's inarguable that plenty of people are basing their judgments of her abilities differently because she's a woman.

11. Second Thoughts

Second Thoughts Active Member

It's Hillary. I don't have a problem voting for a woman.

Here's a story about Hillary I got first hand years and years ago before she started trying to learn from Bill how to campaign and get people to (sorta) like her.

As governor's wife, she blew into some place of business for a visit then blew out again without so much a peep. The staff didn't even know she was there. Nary a hello little working person. Certainly not tell me your problems like she would today on the trail. And you can repeat that scene in different instances over and over.

If it had been Bill, he would have looked each one in the eye and felt their pain and known their name when he left. Hillary tries to do that now, but it's just not in her.

And I still don't think that tearing up episode in NH was real.

12. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

You're including a fair number of her supporters with that statement as well, right?

Draft saved Draft deleted