1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

is it bitchy.....?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by shockey, Nov 23, 2006.

1. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

I seem to be hurting your brain a lot, Fenian. Perhaps you should sleep.

And I heart you too, shockey.

2. ballscribe

ballscribe Active Member

She's arguing on principle. And, on principle, she's right. She knows it ain't going to change, just wants to get the bitching in.
    So there's no way to win that one.
    From a wife's perspective, one who sometimes (altho not for 18 years, and NEVER about sports, obviously) does the same, the best thing you can do is say this: "You're right, dear."

Commiserate a bit about the unfairness of it all, and then as you were. :)

3. spaceman

spaceman Active Member

she should get used to it.

for crying out loud what is she, some kind of furriner?

4. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Ditch the bitch. :p

5. shockey

shockey Active Member

the happy recap: our guests didn't arrive until about 4, so the first game was over. much to my wife's delight and my relief, the adults spent the entire time in the living room and then at the dinner table with the kids joining us at their adjacent children's table. then we adjourned again to the living room. the cowboys-bucs game was on in the den, with my oldest son checking periodically to give us scoring updates. the game never was interesting enough to warrant viewing.

a happy thanksgiving, indeed. whew!!

safe for another year. woo-hoo!! ;D ;D ;D

6. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Glad it turned out well (and happy Thanksgiving. ;))

But geez. You are a sports professional, and if there's one doggone day during the course of the year you should be able to commandeer the TV choice, it's during Turkey Day football. The Super Bowl and that. No. 1 and No. 2. Period.

7. Stupid

Stupid Member

Besides, what else is there to watch on Thanksgiving?

8. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

There's no bitching about football in my family, but then again, my mother won the pool last week.

9. My brain still hurts, but now my heart does, too.

10. casty33

casty33 Active Member

Mr. Shockey: What would happen if the NY Giants of New Jersey ever played on Thanksgiving? I would think dinner would have to be either postponed or cancelled or held without one certain tight end.

But hey, I'm sure you've had the same deal as me, having to work on the day. What was the dinner situation in those days? (And if there's too much ranting now, remind Mrs. S. what things were like back then.)

Do it all with a smile, though. Women like that.

11. Sxysprtswrtr

Sxysprtswrtr Active Member

We watched "Happy Feet" AFTER football :)

Draft saved Draft deleted