1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is Georgia In Play For Obama?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Lugnuts, Jun 9, 2008.

1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

If McCain picks Crist, he might as well hand the presidency to Obama. He's already going to win Florida and there is no other reason to put the guy on the ticket.

I think it's going to be Pawlenty or Romney and I don't think either is going to excite anyone.

2. Grimace

Grimace Guest

Who? Outside of Louisiana, how well known is he. And I like how McCain folks would try to spin that: He's young!

Translation: If McCain dies, we've got a young guy to replace him!

3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I don't think Jindal does anything for McCain.

He needs someone who can guarantee him a swing state or someone with a strong national following.

I don't know if that guy exists. Pawlenty or Romney are probably the best he can do.

4. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Please let him pick Romney. Pretty please, with sugar on top.

5. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Putting Jindal on the ticket takes away from one of McCain's advantages.
    I hate to be the one to say it, but a young, brown guy hurts him more than it helps.

6. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Plus, even if I was a republican, I couldn't vote for a guy younger than me and had taken his name from a Brady Bunch character.
    Piyush Jindal vs. Barack Hussein Obama — What a country we live in.

7. suburbia

suburbia Active Member

Not as long as this "Democrat" has any influence:

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  8. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

The absolute cave-in, to the GOP's monied toolshed.

Flipper and Mac are reportedly getting along much better, now. The planets may be aligning.

Let's ask the working middle class what Bain Capital has done for THEM.

9. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

I dispute that.

I never said "large cache," but my point was that it won't be ONLY blacks voting for Obama. There will be some whites, too.

Don't forget that "metro Atlanta" now extends all the way to the outskirts of Athens. Fayette also has a good-size minority population, so your "outside of's" are starting to add up.

Don't forget that the sprawl voters will be impacted by gas prices.

Don't forget about the Northern transplants. "Nobody's FROM Atlanta anymore" is a common refrain.

As for the mountain counties... Depends on if Bubba and Hil get out and campaign in Appalachia... I don't see those folks connecting with a McCain so much.

I'm simply asking if it's in play.

10. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

Just remember, due to the unprecedented voter turnout:

Republicans vote on Tuesday
    Democrats vote on Wednesday

Don't forget!

11. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

If Georgia is so close due to Barr, I wonder if South Carolina and Mississippi might be in the same category.

High minority turnout + a split white vote.

12. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Any time McCain spends in Georgia is time he won't be able to spend in the Midwest. And the Bob Barr thing could be critical. I'd love it if it came down to Georgia. I'm sick of Florida and Ohio.

Draft saved Draft deleted