1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is George W.'s Justice Department located in Denver?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by zagoshe, May 30, 2007.

1. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

Lie detectors being administered by football teams as a means of determing if a guy keeps his contract and signing bonus? What the hell is going on here -- and this is a slippery slope I don't think anyone wants any part of.......

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2886222

2. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

Mike Shanahan has lost it.

3. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

You libs will do anything to trash our president, won't you?

I guess you could look at it the other way -- if he was going to cut him and used the lie detector test to decide to keep him, it may be a good thing.

Though I don't think lie detector tests are all that accurate.

4. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Screw the lie detector and send them to Gitmo.

A little old fashioned torture will get the truth out of 'em.

5. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Did the NFLPA sign off on that?

6. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I love it when the light goes on for our Canadian friends.

7. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

What's the problem?
    Kircus gets arrested, sending a guy to the hospital. Shanahan says the version of events are different from what is in media reports and the team will let the facts play out and if Kircus is guilty/telling a different story, he'll be off the team.
    The team offers Kircus to take a lie detector test -- and he agrees. He takes it and passes it and will stay on the team.
    It sounds like he was defending himself and didn't take the first swing and was just in the wrong place at the wrong time. But still, if he agreed to take the test, what's the big deal?

8. JR

JR Well-Known Member

The team "offered" Kircus to take a lie detector test?

Yeah, we'll make him an offer he can't refuse.

9. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Kircus obviously felt very confident in what would come out from the test then.

10. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

Ace -- Congrats. You are the first person to ever accuse me of being a lib, that is unless your first sentence was mistakenly in black as opposed to blue.....

11. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Just keeping it real, ziggy.

12. JR

JR Well-Known Member

You're missing the point.

That twit Shanahn is under the impression that he's more than just a football coach---he's the head of some parallel legal system where he is judge and jury.

And as someone asked, where the hell was the player's association in all this? They should have been all over this from the very beginning.

Draft saved Draft deleted