1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is Flash hard to learn?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Hustle, Sep 19, 2008.

1. Hustle

Hustle Guest

No, not our fine colleague from North of the Border. The Adobe program. I may or may not have reason to learn it in the coming months, but I'm trying to do some homework first.

For someone who doesn't have much experience with graphics, etc., can I expect to be miserable? Is it something anyone can pick up with enough trial and error? Or would it be beyond my reach, for use by well-versed pros only?

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

THAT Flash isn't hard to learn, but impossible to figure out...

3. Sleeper

Sleeper Member

Flash is hard to learn, for me at least. I took a two-day class on the company's dime recently, and it was pretty frustrating. I walked out at the end of the second day not even close to being able to use Flash for anything productive.

But I work with a guy who basically taught himself Flash in the span of a few weeks and now produces all kinds of cool shit for our Web site, so maybe I'm just not that bright.

4. NQLBLQ

NQLBLQ Member

It all depends on your level of "into it." If you are comrotable working with other Adobe programs - you will be alright. I'm currently in the process of teaching myself for fun / maybe it will help get a better job. It's not too bad.

Draft saved Draft deleted