1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is Federer's Crown Slipping?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by GB-Hack, Mar 3, 2008.

1. John

John Well-Known Member

If Federer is still struggling this summer then we'll know something. For now, I'm not sure he's particularly match tough, and Murray is a very good player when he's healthy.

Another interesting thing to watch is whether or not Nadal continues to improve. He hasn't been great so far this year, getting blitzed by Youzhny in one final and getting routed by Tsonga in the semis of the Australian. He also lost in the second round at a tourney last month.

As physically punishing as his game is, his body might wear out pretty early in his career.

2. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Of course not.

Not exactly a "Man Who Saw Tomorrow"-caliber proclamation.

3. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

This is really premature.

A loss in the final of a Slam, followed by a first-round loss to a pretty good opponent and some are already proclaiming Roger Federer washed up?

This is a pretty scary parallel to the "Tiger Woods is slipping" crap. Give it at least another year before writing Federer's tennis obit.

4. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member

Hank Haney's probably screwing up Federer's swing too.

5. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

AP already has it done.

6. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Fanning non-existent flames again ...

7. NightOwl

NightOwl Guest

Federer ain't done. Not at all.

He'll be kicking ass five years from now.

Typical pack media, though. Coupla minor losses and he's dead and gone.

8. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

One quibble Sam. Federer lost to Djokovic in the semifinals in Australia, not the final. I'm waiting until at least June to see what he does in the French and Wimbledon.

I think we need to see him after he gets a few games under his belt, although he started this year and last with the same two tournaments (Australian, Barclays Dubai), and won both of them last year.

9. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

No worry . . . Federer can come back and kick butt in the next three rounds and take it.

Oops . . . this isn't golf.

10. Simon_Cowbell

Ahhh yes.... hyperboles for $500, Alex.

11. Simon_Cowbell

Hyperbole for $1,000.

12. BigDog

BigDog Active Member

He won't win the French. He'll win Wimbledon. But by the end of the year, I say Djokovic will reign.

Draft saved Draft deleted